Academy Advisory Body
Manor Croft - Academy Advisory Board
For those unfamiliar with the term “Academy Advisory Board”, we are the local governing body overseeing the development of Manor Croft Academy on behalf of the Delta Academies Trust, our sponsor.
AAB Members - see details on statutory information page.
May I firstly, welcome you to the AAB section of the Manor Croft Academy website on behalf of the Academy Advisory Board. On this page you can access information about the AAB members making up the board, the role of an AAB Member, AAB policies and procedures, the Equality and Diversity expectations at Manor Croft, as well as details of how to become a Member of the AAB or get in touch with the board or myself.
At Manor Croft Academy, we pride ourselves on providing a wide range of opportunities and experiences which allow young people to succeed and fulfil their potential. The Academy is dedicated, through our excellent staff, to the creation of a challenging personalised environment which encourages growth and development towards independence and preparation for further education and employment. We do not achieve this in isolation but work closely with local partner schools, parents and community groups to build a caring ethos which meets the needs of our learning community.
To this end, Manor Croft Academy is committed to developing an ethos that raises student aspirations, providing a springboard for the world of work and their future prosperity. In particular, the school is focussed on delivering excellence through a curriculum that meets the needs of the individual child and careers information that empowers the student to make choices that supports their aspirations for life.
Whilst student’s progress and development is our main priority, their safety and welfare is also of paramount importance. Governors will ensure that the appropriate systems are in place which will provide all students with a safe and secure learning environment that allows everyone to learn and be valued for their contribution.
We have been working in partnership with Delta since September 2012, which has offered the Academy a network of support and challenge. This is a co-operative relationship that brings additional resources and opportunities for our staff and students. Their ethos of ‘Together we are stronger’ enables us to develop partnerships within and beyond Dewsbury.
I hope you find the website interesting and informative, but as it can only give you a flavour of our school, I hope you will take the opportunity to visit the Academy to help to decide whether this is the best school for your child. We look forward to welcoming you and to showcasing what we at Manor Croft Academy are achieving and offering.
If you would like any further information about governance arrangements or how to become an AAB member please do not hesitate to contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01924 325230.
If you wish to contact the AAB Chair Mrs Kath Turner you can do via the academy email email@example.com or by phone on 01924 325230 or by letter addressed to:
Mrs Kath Turner - Chair of AAB
C/O Manor Croft Academy
Old Bank Road
Role of an AAB member
The Academy Advisory Body is a sub-committee of the Delta Board of Directors. It plays a key role in the life of each Academy and has responsibility, working with the Academy Senior Leadership Team, to improve the whole life of the Academy and its impact on its community. It is responsible for the conduct of the Academy and for promoting high standards. The Academy Advisory Body aims to ensure that children are attending a successful Academy which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being. The Academy Advisory Body is required to take a strategic role, act as a critical friend to the Academy and be accountable for its decisions. It should note aims and objectives and agree, monitor and review policies, targets and priorities.
The Academy Advisory Body’s main functions are to:
- Act as a key link between the Academy, parents and local community and champion the work of the Academy.
- Provide constructive challenge and strategic direction to the Principal and Leadership Team as they plan the future development of the Academy, ensuring that they focus on Academy improvement.
- Continuously review the overall impact of the Academy amongst the people it exists to serve and make plans for improvement
- Ensure that the Academy plays a full role in cooperating and working together with other academies in the group
- Be responsible, with the Principal, for staff appointments other, than for the Principal and Vice Principal, following Delta recruitment processes.
- Oversee the implementation of and ensure compliance with Delta policies locally.
Equality and Diversity
Delta Academies Trust has adopted the following aspirations in terms of promoting Equality and Diversity in their academies:
- Attract a higher number of ethnic minority groups to our organisation.
- Increase the number of job applications from disabled groups to our organisation.
- Raise the number of male teaching appointments in Primary Academies.
The Manor Croft Academy Advisory Board has in addition set the following targets for the school:
- Increase participation from ethnic minority learners in after school activities.
- Narrow the gap in performance of disabled and disadvantaged learners (including SEN registered).
- Raise attainment in English for male learners.
Please note that statutory policies adopted by the AAB locally and which support the organisation of the school can be found on the drop down menus at the top of the website.