Delta Academies Trust (Delta) is a single-trust multi-academy sponsor. In that capacity, it acts as one employer across all the Academies which it sponsors.
Delta is an exempt educational charity with its members drawn from the public sector and Directors with appropriate expertise appointed on a voluntary basis. Delta has a proven track record as well as the educational expertise, capacity and experience to secure transformational change and sustainable academy improvement.
It is currently responsible for the leadership and governance of a number of schools including Academy Trusts and Foundation Shared Trusts.
With a predecessor educational trust history going back to 2004 Delta has an impressive record in school improvement and has established an organisation which provides a 21st Century model for collaboration between the public sector and a not for profit organisation with public accountability.
Mission and Objectives
Our Mission is to enable all of the academies within our group to reach the same level of excellence and quality of provision, and for all of our young people to achieve their full potential.
All of the Academies within the Delta group share the following objectives;
- Institutions with high expectations both for the individual and where there is a collective responsibility for raising community aspirations.
- Caring academies. Academies based upon social responsibility, honesty, equality and consideration for others.
- Highly successful academies where self-help, self-determination and self-improvement is encouraged.
- Innovative and energising learning centres which develop lively and enquiring minds for both students and staff.
- Academies which promote inclusion rather than exclusion, which by working in partnership with local agencies, offer a personalised curriculum for all students. This enables the academies to adapt a zero exclusion policy.
- Academies where courtesy, co-operation, enterprise and initiatives are paramount and where tolerance rather than intolerance is practised.
- To be at the centre of the community as a resource, in its service to others and in promoting community cohesion.