Information for Employers
Could you support our students to have better informed career choices?
New British evidence shows that the more employer engagements a young person has in school the less likely they are to become NEET (Not in education, employment or training). They have improved confidence in progression towards their ultimate career goals and over their lifetime their earnings are higher than those with fewer contact opportunities.
We are keen that our students can access opportunities first-hand to experience and learn about the world of work. Direct contact with you can ensure our young people, and their families, have realistic and relevant information available to them about the jobs of the future and the pathways to them.
There are a number of ways to engage with our young people i.e. attendance at a careers fair, a talk in school, mock interviews or even the setting of a business or enterprise challenge.
This is an opportunity to:-
- Highlight the job roles and career opportunities within your business or sector
- Help develop a talent pipeline for your business or sector
- Showcase your business to potential customers or influencers
- Achieve some of your CSR or Responsible Business objectives
- Offer a staff development activity, particularly for Apprentices around their communication and presentation skills
- Create PR opportunities highlighting your work supporting young people and the wider community
If you would like an informal chat to discuss your ideas please contact our careers lead Richard Ward - firstname.lastname@example.org.
We already offer students and their families information around future jobs and other labour market information (LMI) you can sample some of this information here
The Leeds City Region careers Campaign
The latest Leeds City Region Labour Market Report 2018