Key Stage 3
Students follow content according to the National Curriculum for Physical Education. Students can experience a balanced and varied curriculum allowing students to participate in a wide variety of activities allowing them to participate in competitive team and individual activities as well as dance and gymnastics. Students are also taught to use technical terminology with confidence accurately and precisely, building up an extended specialist vocabulary; can apply their mathematical knowledge to their understanding of PE, including measuring, timing, estimating and analysing data. Attend extra-curricular sporting clubs and competitions, have an opportunity to represent their school and community. Develop a lifelong love of sports and physical exercise. Make positive informed choices around their health, well-being and diet. Link the benefits of a healthy diet and physical activity to mental and physical well-being. Develop their leadership qualities and skills through sport. Have a sound understanding of different sports, their origins, including British and worldwide sporting role models. Are prepared to transition from KS3 to KS4 with the skills, knowledge, character and leadership to excel in KS4. Promoting underlying themes/components of OCR Cambridge Nationals in Sports Science.
Key Stage 4
The intent of our curriculum is implemented through:
- studying a variety of sports and activities - experiencing tactics and strategies through a series of condition and competitive games.
- having the opportunity to attend extra-curricular activities and represent the school. Celebrating successes and manage the challenges of defeat.
- Performance – being able to develop skill in different scenarios, individually, as pairs and in groups or teams. Exploring tactics, strategies and implementing skills learnt to a broad range of sporting situations.
- Health, fitness and physical preparation – Students will understand and build on knowledge to answer the questions - how do I improve fitness? How to prepare and recover from physical activity safely? How do I test fitness? Understanding that will allow students to lead a healthy active lifestyle both now and in the future.
- Leadership & Character – participate in lesson with correct equipment, work together in pairs, groups and teams. Lead peers and through sport develop self-esteem, confidence and resilience.
- Knowledge/Theory – Develop an understanding of ‘anatomy and physiology’, ‘fitness and training’, ‘Nutrition’ and ‘sport injury’. Students will develop vocabulary and support knowledge through practical experiences.
- lessons that will be practical, progressive and differentiated. They will be challenging whilst supporting the needs of all students.
|Pedagogy||Enrichment||Other general principles|
Our pedagogy is underpinned by:
We will enrich our curriculum by:
Our curriculum will enable students to: